Stress is a problem for everyone on Earth. There are different reasons for stress and it affects every single part of our bodies and our brains. There are different types of stress as well.
Emotional Stress having to do with Relationships or children and what they may be going thru. Wanting to keep a relationship together or a new relationship. Divorce and how it affects children or children having relationships in younger years and how that affects their emotional state. Maybe all of the things I mentioned mixed together.
- Depression/ moodiness
- Overwhelmed/ agitation
- Irritability/ anger
- Neglecting responsibilities
Physical Stress having to do with issues of the body and how stress affects how your body functions.
- Stomach aches/ diarrhea
- Dizziness/ fainting
- Using alcohol or drugs to numb pain
- Breaking out and picking your face
Cognitive Stress having to do with how the stress is affecting your brain. The effects on the brain are some of the worst because our judgement is affected.
- Loss of concentration
- Anxiety/ Worry
- Loss of memory
- Racing thoughts
- Sleep problems
- Negative outlook
All of these things happen to us because of one thing or another. Whether it be a serious life change or financial issues, Divorce what have you. There are ways to knock out stress and it may take some doing but it can be done.
Physical activity is right at the top of my list because the endorphins that come from you being active makes you happy. The tingling sensation in your body is a good thing and your mind goes to the feeling rather than the stress you felt before. So this is where you say to yourself “self maybe we should go take a walk or run some steps or go to the gym. Even if you just take yourself out of your stressful situation for a few minutes or hours if needed you can get some relief.
Meditate This one might not be right for everyone but it is an alternative to pacing around a room or shouting at another person. Sit in a quiet spot and just clear your mind out. I am a big believer in taking yourself out of a crazy situation for a minute just to “not think”. Go into a bathroom and shut the door that is where noone will bother you I promise.
Now just because there is stress in your life do not stop living!!!
You have one life and it’s really shorter than we all know. I mean I feel like I was in College yesterday and I have 4 kids and 2 grandchildren with one on the way. Sheesh where did the time go? The trials and tribulations in my life have been a lot and sometimes overwhelming but what I learned in my 46 years is this:
- If you let people steal your joy they steal precious moments of your life.
- If you worry it does not fix anything and it doesn’t add one second to your life.
- You look most beautiful when you laugh thru tears.
- Your most honest when you’re in pain
- When it rains dance around because the sun will be out in a few minutes I promise.
- Love as hard as you can because this may be your only chance
- Treat your friends with the love you want back
- If it feels like everything is going wrong and you feel like sand is falling thru your fingers God is trying to clear out the old to make way for the new. I may be a good thing.
BE GOOD TO YOU